CAERAN has created not only a safer deodorant, free of aluminum chlorhydrate, artificial scents/colour and formaldehyde, but we've also created the first re-fillable product.
Always conscious of our waste/packaging impact, CAERAN has designed a deodorant refill.
It's pretty clever really.
1. MELT: The solid deodorant contained in a simple re-usable and recyclable HDPE bottle, is melted in a mug of hot water or a microwave on half power (unscrew the cap first), until liquid.
2. CHECK: Be sure the base of your original applicator is screwed all the way down to the bottom. (sometimes this base or CUP-like piece comes out, so BE SURE it is in place before attempting to refill. Otherwise, your refill liquid will simply pour straight through the applicator onto your table!).
3. POUR: Carefully pour the liquid deodorant into your applicator and wait 15 minutes or so to re-harden.
It's simple and environmentally sound!
By refilling your applicator, you will help to save tons of plastic from entering either the landfills or the recycling system.
Our formulation is ideal for sensitive skin types, and comes in completely unscented or two pure essential oil varieties. Teatree/Lemongrass, or Lavender.
No artificial fragrances or perfumes, just pure therapeutic grade essential oils.
Sweating is an important function of the body. It is unhealthy to stop it from occurring. Aluminum chlorohydrate found in antiperspirants and its brother chemicals, can reduce this function by 40-55%. There are many theories as to how they do this. Commonly, it is felt that they block the opening of the sweat glands. Another thought is that they inflame the skin around the pores and force them closed.
- deionised water
- propylene glycol
- sodium stearate
- natural pure essential oils (except in scent-free)
- Irgasan (safely reduces bacteria count)
- Contains no irritating ingredients
- Complete ingredient listing
- Refillable container that can relieve huge impact on land fills annually
- Available pure essential oils or completely unscented
- Contains Irgasan, a bacterial inhibitor
- A deodorant, not an antiperspirant
Posted by Linda S. on 5th Jun 2016
I've used this deodorant for decades. It works well. I can wear it confidently to work and social situations. It works better than any other non-aluminum deodorant I've tried (and I've tried a number of them). It goes on clear. It doesn't stop you from sweating which is healthy. The Unscented isn't quite unscented when you sniff the bottle, but the slight scent disappears once on. I used to like the old refills in the bags, they dissolved better, but that's probably because I don't have a microwave to heat it, so I just buy the stick now, not the refills.
Posted by Krystyna on 9th Apr 2015
I first tried this product years ago because of the way it minimizes plastic waste. I have kept using it because it works for me!
Effective and clean deodorant
Posted by Jack Howard on 3rd Feb 2015
This deodorant (non-fragrant) has become a part of my life. It makes me feel secure that I will be okay for any situation. In addition it is environmental: I get the refills so I can reuse the applicator. Highly recommend it to anyone who wants something kind to the body and to the environment.
Safe and Healthy
Posted by Kathy on 20th May 2014
I love that this deodorant is not a health risk, and my son can use it too. The refills are also a fantastic idea for making less waste and saving me money! Thanks!